At AghabiLaw, APC, we specialize in protecting and aggressively pursuing the interests of injured individuals in all types of personal injury and accident cases including, but no limited to, car accidents, dog bite and animal attacks, motorcycle accidents, serious injuries and slip and fall accidents.

Our entire team at AghabiLaw, APC is dedicated to providing the legal advice you need, combined with the service and personal attention you deserve. When you trust us to handle your personal injury claim, you can count on being treated like a member of our family. We will take care of your legal and emotional needs as we strive to obtain the compensation you need for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages and other damages you have suffered.

The insurance company said I don’t need an attorney—is that true?

It is important to remember that your interests and the interests of the insurance company are not the same. While it is illegal for a non-attorney, such as an insurance adjuster, to provide legal advice, they often do, and it usually is not very sound. You should always seek an opinion from a personal injury lawyer to get an unbiased legal opinion regarding your case and your rights. At AghabiLaw we provide free, no risk case consultations to injured persons and their families.

The other driver’s insurance company offered me money. I haven’t hired an attorney, but I could use the cash. Should I take it?

No. Tell the insurance company that you’ll get back to them. In the meantime, contact an attorney immediately. It is typical for an insurance company to offer a minimal amount of money in return for your signature stating that you won’t sue them. You should not take an insurance check without first consulting an attorney.

What damages am I entitled to recover?

This will depend largely on the type of case and the damages sustained. Our clients have suffered an injury and require medical treatment. Thus, past and future medical treatment is recoverable. As are all past and future lost wages. Also recoverable are ‘general damages’, which include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, and inconvenience associated with the injury. In some cases, our clients are entitled to ‘punitive damages’, these are damages which are intended to punish the wrongdoer, when that wrongdoer’s actions were intentional or reckless. In auto collision cases, our clients are also entitled to recover the damage to their vehicle, as well as the ‘loss of use’ of that vehicle for the time the client was without the use of the vehicle because it was damaged.

How am I supposed to get back and forth while my car is in the shop?

Check your insurance policy; many will have a clause that allows you to rent a car paid for by your insurance company. Be sure to track the

I didn’t go the doctor right away and now I’m in pain, what do I do?

You should always see a doctor after an accident even if you’re not feeling pain right away. Be sure to document the date you noticed pain and when you visited a healthcare professional.

What should I do if the at Fault party insurance liability insurance limit is only $15,000 and I want more?

You should check your own insurance policy to see if you have under-insured motorist coverage. This coverage will afford the possibility of recovering an additional amount additional to the $15,000 collected from the at Fault party’s insurance carrier. This is a rather complex legal issue and you should retain the services of a personal injury attorney to insure a maximum recovery.

Do I still have a claim if my health insurance paid my medical bills?

Absolutely, what most injured persons do not realize is they are entitled to the full value of their medical treatment—the actual cost of the treatment, not just their co-pay or deductible. Often times, insurance carriers attempt to reduce an injury victim’s damages by offering to just pay their ‘out of pocket’ expenses, which leaves the injured person less than whole.

I can’t work; can I file for unemployment even though litigation is pending?

Yes. You also have the option to seek Lost Wages for the time you missed due to your injuries. However, if you can work, we suggest you do.

Should I settle or go to court?

This depends on each case individually. At AghabiLaw we take all factors into consideration, and consult with our clients to make sure the right decision is made in every case.

How soon after I am injured do I have to file a lawsuit?

The timeframe that you have to file a lawsuit is referred to as the statute of limitations. If you fail to file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires, your case will be forever barred. For most personal injury actions In California, such as auto accidents, you have two years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit against the responsible parties. However, with respect to claims against government entities or for medical malpractice, the statute of limitations is much shorter. Therefore, due to the time-sensitive nature of personal injury claims, you should immediately contact an attorney regarding your injury.

What type of cases does AghabiLaw handle?

AghabiLaw handles a wide range of personal injury cases such as: Automobile Collisions; Wrongful Death; Dog Bites; Slip and Falls; etc. Call us today for a free case evaluation!

What if I can't afford an attorney?

No worries! At AghabiLaw, if we don’t win, then we don’t get paid!


Contact With Us

Every Person Who Walks Through Our Door
Is Important To Us.

AghabiLaw is prepared to immediately respond to injured victims and families who reach out to our firm during their times of need. Immediate action is taken to protect your rights, and AghabiLaw takes the time to thoroughly learn about you, your struggles, and your case. If you would like to begin learning more about your rights and how AghabiLaw may be of assistance, please contact us today!